Friday, June 4, 2010

Getting Started


After many long months of talking about writing my blog, I have finally decided to actually do it. So why a blog? Truthfully I am not sure there is just one answer to this but “because I want too” seems to be the best answer I have. I was born and raised a Wisconsinite for my first 22 years and am now a transplant in Alabama. I have lived life as a Midwesterner (we will talk about this term later) and as a Southerner and I love them both. So Beer, Brats, and Squeaky Cheese (BBSC for short) is my way of sharing my love of Wisconsin and my love of the south. But more importantly it is my diary of the things I have learned about living in the south and maybe somewhere down the line it will help someone else out with their transition. Or at least provide some humor as I retell the stories of the mistakes I have made while learning to live in the south.

What will we be talking about on BBSC? Well there are a few categories that are really important to me and I will cover on a regular basis. Food is a very important topic here! Vocabulary lessons just like back in school. Who doesn’t love a good social event right, can’t wait to get to these. Finally we have the miscellaneous categories the include behaviors, stereotypes, products, history and the best topic of all – guest bloggers. That’s right folks, now my friends, family, coworkers and even husband can use this as a place to discuss anything related to living in the Midwest or the South, even if it means making fun of my accent.

I hope you enjoy these stories as much as I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment