Saturday, December 31, 2016

My 3 Words the 2017 Edition

I was excited for 2016. I was excited for my words. I felt very sure it was going to be a kick butt kind of year and my words reflected that. However, as life would have it, that is not how the year played out. While it didn't turn out like I thought it would, I can say it will be one I won't soon forget. But it is time to move on. I am ready for a fresh start with 2017 and that includes new words. So without further ado here they are.

This year I want to focus on finding ways to be kind. Kind to myself, kind to others, kind to my community and kind to the environment. I am not an unkind person, yet I know I can do more. I want it to be something intentional that I focus on each and every day rather than something I do when I remember.

There is so much I don't know that I want to know. And there are so many things I don't know that I don't know. This year I want to be more curious. I want to ask more questions. I want to listen more and learn from it. I want to know instead of guess. I want to be confident and not worry. I want to seek it out instead of turn away from it. I want to embrace things I do not know or understand rather than ignore it because that is the easier thing to do.

Finally, I am on the hunt for balance. Not your standard work life v. personal life balance. Thankfully, I am grateful to be in a position that allows that. I am searching for the balance in my heart, mind and soul. I want to find a comfortable quiet to balance the noise. I think deep down this one will be the one I have to remind myself to work on daily. I have many ideas of how I want to search for this balance and yet I don't know exactly how it looks or feels. I trust that deep down I will know when I am getting close and I will keep working at it until I find it.

So that is my focus for this next year. What about you? Do you pick words, make resolutions or maybe to do lists that will guide you this year? I would love to hear about them!

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. My resolution, as trite as it may be, is to get healthy. I signed up for my 3rd half marathon in hopes that I will truly train and work of this baby weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you can do it and will cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete