Sunday, February 1, 2015

The End of an Era

This Friday, February 6, 2015 marks the end of an era in my life. It will be my last day of work at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center. The USSRC has been a part of my life since 1997 when I first attended as high school student who had a passion for space exploration. I was privileged to join the team in January of 2004 and in the last 11 years I met my husband there and have made countless friends that have become an extension of my family!

I am looking forward to Friday and dreading Friday all at the same time. What we do at the Rocket Center changes lives every single day and I am honored and humbled to have played just a tiny role in that. It has changed my life in ways I could have never imagined. At the same time, I have a new challenge on the horizon and I am so excited to start that journey. I will be sad, and I am sure there will be tears, but I will walk away knowing this: I am inspired every day to dream big and achieve those goals because of my time there. That is what we do at the USSRC, we INSPIRE everyone who walks through our doors to explore!

I am so incredibly grateful for my time at the Center. It has truly been life changing. I look forward to my new roles in life and I am certain it will include new ways to be connected the place I love, the U.S. Space & Rocket Center!

3 comments:

  1. Will never forget those Academy teams that thought we were married. Hilarious. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great time! Thanks for reminding me of that memory :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you SO much for all you've done for so many young people around the world, Charity. I wish you nothing but the most success in all your future pursuits!

    ReplyDelete