Monday, September 13, 2010

Mosquitoes

Alright folks I have a confession to make. I live in 90 + degree weather in the summer time by choice and I love it, except for 1 thing - these bleeping mosquitoes!! OK that isn't the confession, but I will get back to that in just a second. Back home we made fun of these pesky little things as the state bird and they are everywhere to be sure. However, I moved to Alabama and now I can't even walk outside without getting attacked. Here is where the confession comes in, so I haven't worn skirts or shorts for pretty much two summers straight now. I like to wear light clothes and be cool in the summer time but these days my legs, ankles and feet look like someone beat me up. And by someone I mean the mosquitoes. They seriously hate me with a passion around here. Today, I was in the grass for apx. 2.5 minutes and my feet blew up in little (BIG) bites, claritan and benadryl cream to the rescue and I could at least walk without feeling like my feet needed to be itched right off of my legs. They might be the state bird of Wisconsin but they take the cake around here for the one thing that can really really get under my skin. Haha...under my skin...I made a joke...well it was funny in my head at least. So the BBSC (Beer Brats and Squeaky Cheese) tip is if you plan to move to the south be prepared to fend off mosquitoes like you've never done before!

2 comments:

  1. Skin so soft spf lotion. Beats the bugs and keeps you from burning your fair skinned self my daughter:) Love mom

    ReplyDelete